Data Systems Analyst
The Data Systems Analyst administers various cloud-based systems, such as Oceana’s Timekeeping and Expense report (Nexonia) and our Financial System database (NetSuite), CRM (Salesforce), our HRIS (ADP) and marketing systems (Engaging Networks). This includes regular maintenance of the systems, quality control, reporting out, developing and refining processes for use. The Data Systems Analyst will ensure linking of data between multiple systems and will monitor/restore the connection of systems through various upgrades initiated by providers. S/he will analyze system inputs to provide for data driven outputs that give management information useful to better do their jobs. The position will create and maintain relevant documentation and training for resources. This person will determine, plan and implement upgrades to provide efficient, effective, and timely service to staff. This role may travel to allow for greater global system use.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and enhance Oceana’s ability to effectively manage and utilize different cloud data systems, including work with Nexonia, NetSuite, Salesforce, ADP and Engaging Networks.
- Create and maintain data flow, relationship diagrams and field definition documentation.
- Define processes for record acquisition, database entry and data storage.
- Ensure that deployments of applications or upgrades are planned and supported.
- Act as a bridge between the consultants or system provider and the internal day-to-day users of the system.
- Be involved in testing, creating documentation and assisting end users.
Systems Analysis and Reporting
- Develop and implement reports with different departments across the organization.
- Analyze processes around each system to lead to the end reports.
- Provide guidelines for cleaning up data for clear and consistent reporting.
- Report on key metrics to management. This may include time reports, budget to actual reports, and other financial or HR related reports.
- Provide data mining reports and obtain efficient tools for reporting on regular basis.
Database Standards and Training
- Provide training to user’s one-on-one and in groups for new cloud data system resources.
- Ensure Employee Orientation materials are up to date with data system changes/updates.
- Create and execute standards for data entry, imports and reporting.
- Create clear documentation and user guides to assist in consistency and accuracy.
Global IT Cloud Security
- Monitor and manage cloud data system security by reviewing cloud security logs.
- Audit user accounts on cloud systems to ensure only current staff and approved vendors/consultants have access.
- Negotiate with vendors for software purchases and for system change needs.
- Properly report and code IT costs and prepare bills for payment.
- Coordinate and track vendor deliverables based on project timelines established with the help of the IT Director.
- Working with the IT Director, provide key Project Management on ERP/CRM/Financial system upgrades, including gathering data on potential systems and evaluating against requirements, following up with key users, tracking progress towards completion.
- Take ownership of IT projects as assigned and as managed by the IT Project document.
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Information systems or related field or equal experience plus 3 years’ experience with data systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Cloud data system administration: NetSuite, Nexonia, Salesforce, ADP WFN, Paypal Preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012, Microsoft Windows XP/Windows 7, MS O365/Office
- Ability to use database diagramming tools and experience with Open API, Jitterbit or other ways of integrating cloud based data systems together
- Knowledge of DB scripting languages and reporting functionality in various tools.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, is a team player and multi-tasker.
- Ability to communicate well with users, consultants and hardware/software vendors.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Strong work ethic, and possess a willingness and ability to learn. Ability to work independently.
- Interest in trends and developments within the Cloud data system industry and a passion for the potential of technology tools to transform the work of the nonprofit sector.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English and preferably Spanish