Oceana is seeking a Digital Strategist to help operate and optimize our digital program. This person will be a member of the Marketing and Communications e-activism team to help develop and execute digital fundraising and advocacy strategy and tactics for Oceana’s overarching campaigns.
The strategist will be data informed, actively participating in data collection and analysis to improve performance over time. Our email program is the foundation of much of our digital engagement work, and the strategist should have proven experience with CRMs and a passion for this channel. The ideal candidate will have experience implementing effective cross-channel digital engagement strategies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement measurement strategies for key performance indicators, and monitor existing properties to ensure all tracking and data-collection works properly.
- Contributes to the planning and development of Oceana digital engagement calendar.
- Manage key aspects of Oceana’s Constituent Relationship Management database Engaging Networks.
- Develop fundraising, activism and engagement content when called on, such as write fundraising emails, design social media graphics, draft video narratives, create website pages using Drupal CMS.
- Use testing to optimize Oceana projects on website, email, social media and other digital platforms.
- Support International and Regional offices, Major Donor, Development and Corporate teams by providing necessary expertise and reporting to inform each program.
- Streamline and provide regular website performance reporting to inform editorial decision making to increase high quality traffic and conversions on Oceana.org.
- Stay informed on trends for email marketing, social media advertising, e-activism and fundraising.
- Performs additional duties as needed and/or assigned.
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or Business Analytics.
- Minimum 3 years digital marketing experience with at least 2 years of experience in measuring web, marketing, or overall digital performance.
- Demonstrate high-level skills in e-activism constituent relationship management databases, such as Engaging Networks, ActionKit or Blue State Digital.
- Demonstrate expertise in Excel.
- Experience with content management systems, such as Drupal or Wordpress.
- Google Analytics experience or experience with other analytics software.
- Familiarity with the principles of search engine optimization (SEO).
- Professional experience with social media paid advertising and paid search.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent critical thinking abilities and comfort working with data. Superior writing and verbal communication skills. Ability to work cooperatively with staff, other organizations and the public.
- Must be proactive, able to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to adapt to a fast changing environment, manage multiple assignments and coordinate with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and creativity.
- Demonstrate expertise in Excel.
- Strong web front end language skills (e.g., HTML, CSS).
- Understanding and embrace of data driven management and systems.
- Familiarity and interest in digital strategies for an international organization