Manager, Marketing & Corporate Relationships
The Manager, Marketing & Corporate Relationships will work within Oceana’s Strategic Marketing and Communications (MarComm) department to help Oceana successfully manage and grow revenue from its roster of corporate partners.
Working with the Director, Marketing & Corporate Relationships, the Manager, Marketing & Corporate Relationships will identify prospects, plan and execute outreach, and sign on new corporate partners that drive revenue (and marketing value) to Oceana. In addition, he/she will work with relevant internal teams to ensure proper management and retention of new and existing partners.
The ideal candidate will be a creative, energetic salesperson who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The position requires an affinity for business development, metrics, and a high-touch, customer focus. He/she pays close attention to detail, has a high level of comfort with outbound phone and email communications, and displays a high level of tact.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for directly managing a portfolio of current and potential corporate partners and acting as an individual contributor in soliciting and closing corporate partnership agreements.
- Create and update decks, case studies and other marketing materials, as needed.
- Create and execute individual business plan for acquiring new corporate partners.
- Retain existing corporate and celebrity partners by helping manage and execute agreed upon marketing deliverables.
- Responsible for designing short- and long-term strategies to expand financial support from corporate donors.
- As needed, manage intern to assist in corporate partnership responsibilities.
- Attend meetings, as needed, with current and prospective partners.
- Stay informed on industry news and research related to cause marketing.
- Perform additional duties as needed and/or assigned.
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years experience working in a sales/marketing and/or partnerships role.
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Talent for concise phone/email communications.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, other organizations and the public.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure while maintaining humor and high energy.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and a strong desire to learn.
- Ability to work independently on discrete projects.
- Knowledge and interest in environmental and ocean issues.
- Attention to detail.