Manager, System and Security
The Manager, Systems and Security position provides global IT systems and security support in coordination with all global offices from the international headquarters in Washington, DC. S/he Implements, administers and audits global security with tools such as CASM, MDM, IDS and SIEM. Maintain security on cloud applications, monitor access and security controls. S/he provides timely, quality-oriented computer support services to 220+ users and 250+ computers in 13+ International offices across all time zones. This position provides day-to-day global administration and maintenance of IT systems on premise and in the cloud, including servers, workstations and firewalls. The position determines, plans and implements systems and security upgrades to provide efficient, effective, and timely service to staff, creates and maintains relevant documentation and maintains the ability to recover from unplanned outages and disasters. This position reports to the Senior IT Manager. S/he is responsible for providing supervisory, team lead, and coordinative duties related to both Help Desk and IT projects. This role will travel to our satellite offices in a routine and regular manner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Global IT Security
- Monitor and manage system security by reviewing server security logs. Applies updates to servers, workstations and system devices to keep out unwanted access to the network.
- Monitor IDS & SIEM for any security events and respond accordingly. As alerts relate to cloud, server or workstation systems, provide security response.
- Implement, monitor & refine DLP systems & policies to assure data security as well as accessibility.
- Approve server and workstation software for use by employees after auditing interaction with systems and analyzing for security flaws.
- Work within cloud social engineering tool to test users against online phishing attempts and train users to avoid such risks.
Server and Cloud Administration
- Maintain & monitor functionality of Cloud based solutions. Provide management with input on cloud based strategies, particularly around security.
- Monitor and manage cloud security by creating and maintaining user accounts and assigning access rights, assigning permissions and creating departmental shares.
- Maintain print services and server performance standards using server administration tools.
- Maintain server virtual environment and storage to keep all servers online and functional.
- Support office buildouts to ensure most efficient server/workstation operations. Recommend/purchase hardware and schedule installation in person or with local country staff.
Exchange/MS O365 Administration
- Monitor and manage electronic mail server for internal recipients. This includes the hybrid environment with on-site and cloud based mailbox storage and email management.
- Manage anti-spam and other email services to ensure end-user quality of service and provide security from malicious content.
General IT Administration
- Determine the configuration of new clients: Server, workstations and printers.
- Support Helpdesk Specialists when necessary by analyzing software and hardware problems, resolve or escalate to IT Director for problem resolution.
Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Monitor and maintain coordinated global system backups on all mission critical resources.
- Maintain documentation of mission critical servers and leverage offsite storage to ensure ability to recovery from any unforeseen disasters.
- Work with IT Director to ensure consistent ability to recover from unplanned hardware, software and server outages.
- Document procedures and SLA’s related to unplanned outages.
- Perform test restores or disaster recovery simulations at periodic intervals to test completeness of documentation and procedures.
- Develop training curriculum with Manager, Network and Security to advance Oceana staff on current technologies, including O365 and all related tools and provide training to user’s one-on-one and in groups
- Develop user guides and training materials for IT use. Ensure availability by posting on the Knowledgebase and by pointing users to their location.
- Ensure New Employee Orientation materials are up to date with security and system changes/updates.
- Negotiate with vendors for hardware and software purchases and ensure cost effective solutions based on global office location.
- Properly report and code IT costs and prepare bills for payment.
- Take ownership of new IT projects as assigned by the IT Director and as managed by the IT Project document. Coordinate and track vendor deliverables based on project timelines.
- Open new offices by procuring equipment, setting up security and server infrastructure, travel to the office for set up and doing follow up work to ensure proper IT starts in each office.
- Review IT policies and procedures and ensure they are updated and accurate.
- Assist IT staff with various administrative duties including preparing reports, purchase orders, telephone inquiries and schedules.
- Liaison with international offices to assist as needed.
- Perform other duties and functions as needed.
- Provide oversight to IT during either the Senior IT Manager or IT Directors’ absence.
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field or equal experience and 3+ years’ experience with System and Security management and monitoring; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Windows, MS O365, Microsoft Exchange Server/Outlook Client and Microsoft Office is essential. Apple and other operating system knowledge is a plus.
- Knowledge of VMWare and virtual computing environments essential.
- Experience with the installation, repair and maintenance of computer hardware, software and peripherals.
- Knowledge of server administration and usage of system utility tools.
- Interest in trends and developments within the technology/security industry and a passion for the potential of technology tools to transform the work of the nonprofit sector.
- Experience with CASB, MDM, IDS and SIEM tools and administration to ensure data security and to help minimize affects from data breaches.
- Networking and Telecommunications: Firewalls, Routers, switches, modems, understanding of TCP/IP WANs and LANs.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, is a team player and multi-tasker.
- Ability to communicate well with users, consultants and hardware/software vendors.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Strong work ethic, and possess a willingness and ability to learn. Ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing in English and preferably Spanish
* Please be sure to attach a copy of your cover letter to your resume when applying. *