Partnership Development Associate
The Partnerships Development Associate will be a member of the Corporate Relationships team and will help Oceana successfully identify and pursue marketing partnerships that drive revenue for Oceana. The Associate will serve as the team’s sales development and market response representative, handling research, targeting, outreach and qualification of all leads and helping optimize inbound lead generation through Oceana’s website, social media channels, email, etc.
In identifying, soliciting and communicating with prospective partners, the Associate will confer with the Director, Marketing & Corporate Relationships about the proper tone and strategy. As market response representative, the Associate will also develop strategies to increase the effectiveness and scope of Oceana’s inbound lead generation activities, including email marketing, advertising and SEO for Oceana. The Associate reports to Director, Marketing & Corporate Relationships and will serve for a term of one-year with a possibility of an extension.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and analyze existing partners and current/former leads in order to accurately target prospective partners.
- Perform research required to build a full target list that includes key points of contact at target companies.
- Spearhead initial outreach to targeted prospects.
- Follow up and schedule initial conversation with targeted prospects.
- Handle qualification of targeted prospects before passing qualified leads to Manager, Marketing & Corporate Relationships OR Director, Marketing & Corporate Relationships
- Respond to and qualify inbound leads via Oceana.org, Oceana social media, Sailors of the Sea and other relevant channels.
- Optimize inbound lead generation via Oceana.org and relevant channels.
- Assist Manager, Marketing & Corporate Relationships AND/OR Director, Marketing & Corporate Relationships with account management tasks for existing partners and prospects.
- Perform additional duties as needed and/or assigned
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Sales, Marketing or relevant field
- 1-3 years of experience working in sales, marketing or partnerships.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent researcher
- Active listener
- Clear, concise written and verbal communicator
- Pleasantly persistent professional
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff, other organizations and the public.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure while maintaining humor and high energy.
- Enthusiasm, and a strong desire to learn
- Ability to work independently on discrete projects
- Attention to detail
To Apply: Please attach a copy of your cover letter to your resume.