TED conferences “bring together the world’s leading thinkers and doers for a series of talks, presentations and performances.” So it was only a matter of time until TED tackled the Gulf of Mexico oil spill.
Topics will include: mitigation of the spill and the impending cleanup efforts; energy alternatives; policy and economics; and new technology that can help us build a self-reliant culture.
The presenters will include the following experts:
– Andrew Sharpless, Oceana CEO
– Jackie Savitz, Oceana Senior Scientist
– Sylvia Earle, legendary oceanographer and winner of the TED Prize
– Philippe Cousteau, diver scientist and environmental activist
– Wolcott Henry, National Geographic underwater photographer
– Dr. Ronald Atlas, chief microbiologist for the Exxon Valdez cleanup
– Leroy Stick, the pseudonymous humorist behind @BPGlobalPR
– TEDxOilSpill Gulf Expedition Team
– And many others!
WHEN: 9am-6pm, Monday June 28
WHERE: Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center Ampitheater – 1300 Pennsylvania Ave, NW Washington, DC 20229
See you there!