So as not to keep all my many fans out there in cyber space waiting any longer than they already have, here is the next installment of fish we should seriously consider re-naming:
- Ladyfish (Elops saurus) – Not to be comfused with the damselfish. (Refer to No. 5)
- Spot (Leiostomus xanthurus) – Not the dog, but the fish.
- Chilipepper (Sebastes goodei) – It’s not just a vegetable.
- Blob Sculpin (Psychrolutes phrictus) – This one makes me chuckle, but still I feel bad about it.
- Red Irish Lord (Hemilepidotus hemilepidotus) – Very regal, but, do you think the salmon and trout that are its predators defer to the title when hungry?
Come on back tomorrow for the third installment. I know you’re hanging on the edge of your seat already. …