All right kids, it’s that time again — time for the next installment of my top list of fish who desperately need new names.
Without further adieu:
- 11. Yellow Irish Lord (Hemilepidotus jordani) – Is this a fish or Michael Flatley, Lord of the Dance?
12. Brown Irish Lord (Hemilepidotus spinosus) – No, not William Butler Yeats.
13. Porbeagle (Lamna nasus) – Doesn’t this majestic creature deserve a better name than one that evokes an image of a dejected Snoopy from Charlie Brown?
14. Cookiecutter shark (Isistius brasiliensis) – The Martha Stewart of elasmobranches.
15. Fluke (Paralichthys dentatus) – Come on. How would you like to be called `mistake’?
Stay tuned for the grand finale coming Friday. …