OCEANA Shark Week Sweepstakes 2015: Official Rules and Terms & Conditions
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win this contest sweepstakes.
1) How to Enter: No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter the Ocean Shark Week Sweepstakes (the “Contest”) visit http://act.oceana.org/signup/sharkweek_sweepstakespromo_2015/ and complete the signup form. You must submit all required information to be eligible for the prize. Incomplete, corrupted or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the individual entrant. All entries become property of Oceana, Inc. (“Oceana” or “Sponsor”). Contest begins on Tuesday, July 7, 2015 and ends on Thursday, July 9, 2015.
a. Grand Prize (One (1) to be awarded)
i. Knockaround Shark Week Sunglasses
3) Winner Selection and Notification: Winners will be determined via a random computer generated drawing of all eligible entries received. Once a winning entry has been chosen, it is not eligible to receive any other prizes. All decisions by Oceana in relation to the Contest are final and binding. All entries must be submitted by July 9, 2015. The drawing shall take place on or about July 10, 2015 in Washington D.C. Winners shall be notified by email or certified mail within 30 days of the drawing. Oceana’s sole obligation is to mail a winning notification by certified mail or send an email to the address provided in the entry form. Winners will have 10 days from the sending date of the winner notification email or mailing of a certified mail to acknowledge receipt of the winner notification. If the prize is not claimed within the 10 day time limit an alternate prize winner will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received. The original prize winner will forfeit all rights and have no further rights to any prize nor any claims against Oceana based on the forfeiture of their winnings. Return of prize or winner notification as undeliverable, failure to respond to notification, failure to reach the winner and/or failure to provide required proof of eligibility and release(s) in a timely manner may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner via a random drawing from all eligible entries received.
4) Winners List and Officials Rules: The winners’ names and Official Rules shall be posted on Oceana’s social accounts. A list of winners and/or the Official Rules may also be acquired by sending a request for the list or rules to Oceana at: Oceana, Attn: Shark Week Sweepstakes, 1350 Connecticut Avenue NW, 5th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20036.
5) Odds of Winning: The odds of winning shall be determined based on the number of entries received.
6) Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are 13 years of age or older. The prizes are personal to the selected winner and are not assignable to any other person or entity. Employees, officers and directors and their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children and those living in the same households) of Oceana, Inc., its affiliates, subsidiaries, consultants, contractors, legal, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and web site providers/web masters are not eligible to participate. Promotion is void in where prohibited by law.
7) Duration: Entries for the Contest will be accepted from July 7th, 2015 and must be actually submitted no later that 11:59 PM EST July 9, 2015.
8) Prize Limitations: Winners’ are also responsible for any income or other taxes that may apply. Prizes cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred or redeemed for cash; however, Oceana reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Prizes are nontransferable, and have no cash redemption value. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
9) Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release: Where permitted by law, winners grant Oceana (which grant will be confirmed in writing on request), their subsidiaries, affiliates and those acting pursuant to their authority, the right to print, publish, broadcast and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including but not limited to the world wide web, at any time or times, the winners’ names, portraits, pictures, voices, likenesses, city and state of residence and biographical information for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Except where prohibited by law, winners will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release or forfeit the prize. Failure to comply, or return any required releases and related documentation, may result in forfeiture of the prize.
10) Taxes and Expenses: All applicable local, state, airport, departure and federal taxes, if any, will be paid by the winners. These may include income and/or sales taxes based on the retail value of the prizes or transportation or travel taxes. Any and all expenses not specifically listed as covered in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of and will be paid by the winners.
11) Financial Information: Winners agree to provide such financial information to Oceana as is necessary for Oceana to complete all necessary tax forms in order to comply with federal, state and local tax requirements. Failure to provide this information will result in forfeiture of the prize.
12) General Terms: By entering in Contest, each participant agrees to be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of Oceana, which shall be final on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Oceana and its agents, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotions and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (1) lost or late, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, unintelligible, entries; (2) problems caused by telephonic, electronic, hardware, software programs, networks, the internet, viruses, works, Trojan horses or computer malfunctions (failures, errors or difficulties of any manner); (3) failed, incomplete or delayed computer transmission; (4) any condition caused by events beyond control of Oceana that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
13) Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Contest, entrants agree that Oceana and its affiliates, subsidiaries and agents, and its employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents, advertising or promotion agencies and legal counsel will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages, claims and actions of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prizes, entry or participation in this Contest or in any Contest related activity, or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery. Oceana is not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delay or interruptions due to acts of god, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or terrorism. Except where legally prohibited, by acceptance of prize, winners grant (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission for Oceana and its affiliates, subsidiaries, representative and agents and their respective advertising and promotion agencies to use their respective names, portraits, pictures, voices and likenesses, for advertising or publicity without additional compensation.
14) Sponsored by: Oceana, Inc., 1350 Connecticut Avenue NW, 5th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20036, tel.: (1.202.833.3900), www.oceana.org